Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Over 30 years ago, circa 1980, I was friends with a guy named Len.  We were in seventh grade.  Len introduced me to a comic book series called "X-Men", and its most recent issues, 141 and 142.  These happened to be (imho) two of the best superhero comics ever made.  It was a magical time. Thanks to Len, I became hooked on comics, and would remain (with one short break) hooked for life. 

Jump to 2012 (the far-flung future!), and though our lives have long since taken different paths, Len and I are now Facebook friends. Today he sent me a photo of his dad reading "The Carter Family: Don't Forget This Song"...


Things have come full-cirle. The circle can and will be unbroken.  Thanks, Len, for sharing your comics with me back in the day, and for sharing my comics with your father today.

Here's to good friends!

1 comment:

ScorpioSteele said...

I'd love to see you do a cover of those two covers, David.